Launched in November 2012 at the Tennis Play and Stay Seminar, Tennis Xpress is an ITF Official Programme and is an easy, active and fun coaching programme for adults.
Tennis Xpress is designed as a 6-session course of 9-hours (6 x 1.5 hours) and is a specific ‘off-the-shelf’ course that has been developed by the ITF to introduce starter adult players to tennis using the slower balls.
The aim is to help starter adults to serve, rally and score (play the game) from the first session and to ensure that by the end of the course:
- all adults will know the basic techniques, tactics and the Rules of Tennis
- all adults will be able to play competitive points using the Green ball on a full court
For the purpose of this course, adult starter players are defined as those who:
- are complete beginners to tennis i.e. have never played tennis before, or
- who have received basic coaching but have never played the game outside of a coaching environment, or
- beginners returning to tennis after a long absence
Tennis Xpress is a supporting programme of the ITF Tennis Play and Stay Campaign.
To support National Federations, tennis facilities / club programmes and coaches around the world with rolling out the Tennis Xpress course, the ITF has produced a series of supporting resources. Marketing resources are available via the Resources section, with the session to session guide available via 'The Course' section.
“Tennis Xpress... Play Tennis the Easy Way!”